This 8 week group will cover a broad list of topics that will be therapeutic and educational. It is based on aspects of Pragmatic Experiential Couples Therapy.
People that will benefit from this group are those who are struggling with finding healthy romantic relationships or those who are struggling to make their current romantic relationship work for them.
Topics to be covered:
1) Communication- basic techniques. Learning to become a good listener.
2) Validation of your partner—letting them know I hear them and I care.
3) Learning how to argue in a fair, productive way.
4) Acceptance of yourself and your partner for who you are in this moment. Learning to recognize your needs and your partners needs.
5) Motivation – what is your motivation for this relationship? How can you encourage your partner to have motivation to change/challenge your patterns.
6) Learning how to heal past hurts.
7) Intimacy- nurturing your relationship.
8) Review session—open forum for questions and challenges.
Join us every Wednesday evening starting on June 6th from 7:00 p.m. – 8:30pm at the Ben Gordon Center. For more information please call, Fran Tierney at 815-756-4875.